Over the last decade, India has seen a surge in the number of students pursuing higher education abroad after 12th. This is a trend that doesn't seem to be slowing down anytime soon and for good reason. It usually gets too competitive for Indian students to pursue a good educational opportunity after completing class 12.
Top Indian universities like IITs and NITs have very limited seats. This results in tough competition. Thus, they plan to study abroad after 12th. This article will help Indian students to understand the prospect and steps for studying abroad after the 12th.
How can Indian Students Study Abroad After 12th
There are different complex conceptions about studying abroad. While some students consider it to be expensive, some think they might not meet the eligibility criteria. Yet, these are never actual challenges. Following the proper steps of a college application can help students get admission to universities abroad after 12th
1. Start early
- Pre-planning is essential for the students to maintain an excellent record throughout their high school years.
- Most higher education institutions check for students’ performance in the 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th exams.
- Your interest in extracurricular activities plays an influential part in the abroad admissions applications. Participation in competitions, voluntary projects, and more such activities enhances your student profile. These activities ensure that the university values students’ potential properly.
It is the main segment of the application process. You need to resolve the clash of choosing a suitable stream. You need to understand a few points about yourselves and your liking before you choose the subject for education abroad. You must understand your field of academic interest and what are the future aspects of your education. After considering and researching all these attributes, you must plan further.
3. Course selection
Any course you choose to study in the early years of your career matters a lot. As you tend to invest most of the time and money in your first degrees, you need to choose it wisely. Moreover, you also need to note the duration of the abroad course. Some countries have 4-year courses available for bachelor’s degrees.
4. Finalize the country
Choosing the country where you want to study after the 12th is a very crucial decision. Several countries around the world offer quality education to Indian and other international students. Some of the popular study abroad countries are:
- Study in USA After 12th
- Study in Canada after 12th
- Study in Germany after 12th
- Study in UK after 12th
- Study in Australia after 12th
- Study in Singapore After 12th
5. Selecting the University
Deciding the University Study Abroad after the 12th is one of the most important steps of your journey abroad. You must evaluate the following factors for selecting your ideal university abroad:
- Availability of courses
- Eligibility, and admission process
- Fees and scholarship grants
- Campus placements
6. Take the required tests
- You have to appear for the entrance tests and get the required score to secure a seat in college or university abroad.
- You might need to take English languages proficiency tests such as IELTS, TOEFL, etc., or any other language test.
- You may also need to take generalized tests such as SAT, or ACT
7. Admission process
The university admission process varies from one country to another. It also depends on the university. You need to translate and authenticate and scan the required documents. You need to keep them handy to assure a smooth admission process.
- Getting the letter of recommendation
- Drafting the Statement of Purpose comes next.
- Filling in their admission application form,
- Attaching the documents, and paying the admission fee.
Top universities or colleges always have interview rounds for the shortlisted applicants. These interviews test students’ communication, attitude, and confidence toward their goals in academia.
8. Student Visa Application
Once the university admission is confirmed, Student Visa Application comes as the following step. For the student visa
- You need to have an acceptance letter from a recognized university in that country.
- Scheduling and preparing for the interview, getting your passport, or collecting bank statements for financial proof, ID cards, acceptance letter, and receipt of payment of application fees, etc. are some of the important steps you must take during the student Visa application process.
9. Fly to your dream study destination
Once you obtain your Student visa, a flight on a selected date will take you to the study abroad country and then you can go to the classes at your dream university.
Requirements to Study Abroad From India After 12th
Indian students need to cater to requirements to conduct the admission process to their dream universities abroad. While the requirements vary based on the university, there is a common process followed by all. Here is a list of the top requirements to study abroad after 12th:
- Academic Transcripts
- Language Proficiency Test score
- A standardized test score of SAT/ACT
- Letter of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- A valid passport
Best courses to study abroad after 12th
If you have made up your mind to study at a foreign university after 12th, choose your subject and course wisely. Here we have listed abroad courses after 12th in each stream of study.
Study abroad after 12th commerce
If you are planning to study in the commerce stream abroad after completing your 12th, you have lots of options. Few preferred courses to study abroad after 12th commerce are:
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- B.S. in Management Science
- B.Com. (Finance and Accounting).
- BA in Finance Management
- BA in Management Science
- BA in Accounting Management
Study abroad after 12th Science
In the science field, students can choose either the medical stream or the non-medical stream. You will find courses to study abroad in both streams. Choose the stream according to your interest. Below we have mentioned some of the best courses in the science stream after 12th for studying abroad:
- Study abroad after 12th medical
- Doctor (MBBS)
- Homeopathy (BHMS)
- Ayurveda (BAMS)
- Veterinary (B.V.Sc)
- Optometry (B.Optom.)
- Occupational Therapy
- Public Health Administration
- Clinical Research
Study abroad after 12th non Medical
If you choose a non-medical field, then you can study engineering abroad after 12th. Some of the popular courses in the non-medical field are:
- Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering Management
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering,
- B.S. in Engineering Management
- Biomedical Engineering
- IT Engineering
- Energy Management and Engineering
Study abroad after 12th arts
If you are not interested in commerce and science, you can choose the arts field. After you complete your 12th grade in India, there are likely to be many art-related courses across the world that you can choose from. Some of the popular courses are:
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A)
- Journalism and Mass Communications
- Hotel Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.)
- Fine Arts
- Bachelor of Interior Design
- B.S. in Product Design
- BA in Interior Design
Studying abroad is an opportunity to gain valuable skills and experiences that will help you throughout your career in India and around the globe. We hope this blog has been able to answer all your questions and give you the information you need to decide if studying abroad is right for you. If you still have any queries or doubts, we encourage you to contact us. We would be more than happy to help you!